When you are going on a hike/walk, a picnic lunch is just awesome. Packing something when you leave house means, you can just walk miles and then when you get to a nice scenic spot, you can sit down and munch your heart away. I have tried quite a few Sandwiches. Though they come off ok, it always left me with a wish to do something better.
That was until I made this simple, yet amazing sandwich. It would not be an exaggeration to say that it is the 'Best Veggie Sandwich' that I have ever eaten. So what are you waiting for. Go ahead. Make yourself one.
Ingredients (Makes 7-8 rolls)
Ciabatta Rolls 8
Chickpea Spread (see recipe below) or use Hummus
Artichoke Hearts about 8-10
Sun Dried Tomatoes 8
Aragula/Rocket 2-3 cups (enough to top all the rolls)
Chickpeas 1 can
Mint 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
Oil as needed
Method of Preparation
1. Prepare the spread by adding chickpeas, mint and salt to the mixie. Add a few tbsp of olive oil to make a smooth paste. I used to oil from the sundried tomatoes.
2. Slice the Ciabatta rolls into 2.
3. Roughly chop the artichoke hearts and sundried tomatoes.
4. Apply a generous portion of the spread on both sides of the roll.
5. Top with some artichoke hearts and sundried tomatoes.
6. Add the aragula/rocket leaves.
7. Cover with the top of the roll
Enjoy the best sandwich you will ever eat in your life!!
This one is part of Palooza in a Pan. This month we are cooking with Legumes. Other recipes cooked so far this month
Mathanga Erissery - with Van Payar (Tatta payar, Red Chori, Cow Peas)